Our baby is the size of a raspberry this week…He/she is so tiny but already so detailed – a face with an upper lip , eyelids and tip of the nose…a tip of a nose that will receive thousands of kisses! This week’s recipe is simple and yet can quench a thirst deep inside…
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 ounces raspberries, plus more for garnish
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (from about 10 limes)
- 1 liter club soda
- Ice, for serving
- 1 lime, thinly sliced, for garnish
- Add the sugar, 1 cup water and berries to a medium saucepan and bring to a simmer. Stir until the sugar has dissolved and press against the berries with the back of the wooden spoon so their juices leach into the mixture. Let sit and steep until cool.
- In a large pitcher, combine the cooled raspberry simple syrup, lime juice and club soda. Pour into tall glasses filled with ice and garnish with a slice of lime and a few extra berries for garnish.
If you’re worried about too much sugar, make the drinks individually. Only sweetening to taste. Also, this will keep you from having to worry about your club soda going flat. Keep our lime juice in a container and your simple syrup in another – refrigerate and enjoy at your leisure!