Our fetus is the size of a grape…I spent a lot of the week stressing over what I was going to do with a grape. My other choice this week was an olive according to another size chart…Lisa loathes olives so I didn’t think it would be wise or nice of me to make something she would not eat. BUT what was I going to do with a grape that wasn’t just washing it or adding it to a salad…I’m not even sure how Google landed me on a recipe for roasted grapes…I’ve never roasted a grape…it admittedly has never crossed my mind. However, I decided to wash those bad boys up and stick ’em in the oven and I am so glad I did…I borrowed this recipe from Greens & Chocolate.
- 1 lb seedless grapes
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary, chopped (I used mix of Italian Herbs which included Rosemary and it worked just fine!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 8 oz GO Veggie! dairy free plain cream cheese (I used Follow Your Heart cream cheese for this recipe.)
- 2 tbsp honey, plus more for drizzling (For this to be vegan substitute with Agave)
- 1/2 cup toasted hazelnuts, chopped (Didn’t have hazelnuts so I subbed with Walnuts.)
- Baguette, thinly sliced
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine grapes, rosemary, olive oil, and sea salt.
- Place on baking sheet and roast in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Once grapes are done, toast slices of baguette in the 400 degree oven until slightly toasted, about 3-5 minutes. You can butter or oil your slices of baguette, if you would like. (note: butter is not vegan)
- Beat together cream cheese and honey. Salt, if desired. (I skipped mixing the agave and cream cheese)
- Spread slices of toasted baguette with honey cream cheese, then top with grapes and toasted hazelnuts.
- Drizzle with honey. (Agave!)
- Serve and enjoy!