Lisa went back to work today but instead of writing a poignant and sappy blog post about it…I thought I might just share the mostly feel good playlist I made for her car ride to work this morning. You know to sing along to while she wept like, well, a baby…Um what I meant to say is, she’s tough and she did not cry at all. Any insinuation otherwise is pure speculation…but probably true. All of you moms know the heartbreak of leaving your baby at home for the first time. It is a terrible, awful, very bad feeling…even though we leave our sweet babies in the hands of capable and loving people…even if it’s their Grammy…even if we love our jobs…even if we have been cooped up for weeks alone with that crying baby we now cannot believe we had to leave…It’s real hard.
Well a playlist cannot solve all of the world’s problems but it does at least give them a nice soundtrack.
1. Uptown Funk (feat. Bruno Mars) – Mark Ronson – So I’m obsessed with this song and sing it to our baby…She loves it. Some of you are probably Bruno Mars fans but I’m actually a Mark Ronson fan.
2. Heartbeat Song – Kelly Clarkson – Because when Queen Kelly has new music, you download it!
3. Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran – This song just sounds like love.
4. Girl Crush – Little Big Town – I heard about the controversy of the lyrics before I heard the song on the ACM’s this past Sunday night. And now I think the controversy is stupid because it is not about a “girl crush” – It’s a good song though!
Also, check out Kelly Clarkson’s cover.
5. Nothing Without Love – Nate Ruess – Since Fun. is “taking a break”, Ugh! Nate Ruess on his own will do!
6. Geronimo – Sheppard – I heard this song the first time watching wedding proposal videos and fell instantly in love.
7. All of Me – John Legend – Well I was negligent and had not put this on a playlist so…here it is.
8. You and Me – Rose Ave. – It’s P!nk…do you need another reason?
9. Raise ‘Em Up (feat. Eric Church) – Keith Urban – Lisa requested this song…My only knowledge of it was from watching the ACM’s…and I really didn’t listen.
10. Happy in the Sorrow Key – Indigo Girls – Because #twomoms, duh! We love us some Emily and Amy Ray.
11. Don’t – Ed Sheeran – The lyrics crack me up and it’s a totally true story so that makes it even better.
12. Biscuits – Kasey Musgraves – I just think her music is adorable.
13. Not a Bad Thing – Justin Timberlake – I felt like Lisa needed a little JT pick me up today.
14. Murder in the City – Brandi Carlile – Well actually I added the whole album. Check out The Firewatchers Daughter on iTunes
P.S. I’d like to amend my earlier statement about Raise ‘Em Up…it’s a good song. I finally actually listened to it. Keith Urban’s voice sure is purdy.
P.P.S. The song Sugar by Maroon 5 was totally on the playlist too…because Adam Levine.
P.P.P.S. Nothing Without Love is only $.69 on iTunes right now.
P.P.P.P.S. LA had a great first day at home with Grammy!