The other morning LA snuggled up to me and grabbed on to my arm. At first, I was afraid she was waking up and I was not ready to get up but she just wanted to be close…and so did I. She is starting return affection and seek it out. She is snuggled, kissed, hugged, held and loved all day, every day between her mom, grammy and I. The other day I said give me a kiss and she open mouthed me right on the cheek. I think she might be familiar with the term kiss. She reaches out to be passed to the next one of us or holds her arms out when the Exersaucer has just exhausted her patience. She will grab your neck to hug you and plant an awesome open mouthed kiss anywhere on your face that she lands.
She is always on the go now. Attempting to crawl with her face pressed against the floor and butt in the air. She hasn’t quite mastered crawling but she can smoosh herself where she needs to go. She wants to stand and takes steps much to our doctor’s dismay. She is so strong she can push herself up with minimal effort. She still is too wobbly to stand or walk but she really wants to. Our doctor didn’t believe that she was sitting up on her own until we put her on the table. LA just sat there balancing herself.
She is playful, determined, slightly impatient, smiley, funny and soooo cute. I fall in love with her a little bit more every day. I watch her sleep and still check to see if she is breathing like a crazy person. It is so fun watching her grow and change. Sigh…
Anyway, at her appointment last week we had an official weigh-in and measuring. She is just about 14 lbs. and 28 in. All of her other vitals were normal. She did not enjoy her shots but did enjoy scooting around on the doctor’s stool with her mom.
- Sophie the Giraffe – mostly putting the feet in her mouth.
- Putting her own feet in her mouth.
- Putting any feet around in her mouth.
- Jumping in her jolly jumper.
- Laughing at stuffed animals being dropped on her.
- Eating avocados, bananas and carrots.
- Toys that crinkle.
- Walks in her stroller.
- Bath time bubbles!
- Sweet potatoes.
- When the seal on her ExerSaucer will not fit in her mouth properly.
- When other people eat. Always. Every meal.
- Poachers…especially Lion poachers.
- Donald Trump. Don’t know why but she cries every time he’s on TV. (I may have made that up)